Bike Fitting Service (Road, MTB, Gravel, and Triathlon/TT)
Jake Brindle is an accomplished cycling, triathlon coach, and bike fitter who has been not only fitting those he coaches to their bicycles but others around the world as well. Jake utilizes his knowledge of biomechanics and the F.I.S.T. protocol for bike fitting education along with many years of experience to ensure optimum results!
A Proper Bike Fit Is A Top Priority
In cycling that helps keep you on the bike and enjoying the sport. If you are not fit properly to your bike, you will not be able to ride any significant distance without discomfort, and worst case, you may experience an injury. The result? You’ll be off the bike. You should be able to ride your bike for 100+ miles without any significant discomfort.
Starting with a background and goal questionnaire, Jake begins the process that will enable you to start the path to enjoying the bike!
Jake emphasizes “The big three” in his bike fits which are:
▪ Increased Comfort
▪ Increased Performance
▪ Reduced Chance of Injury
I have two levels of bike fitting: Static and Dynamic.
This fit is performed on a stationary trainer and I take a few videos of your pedaling and knee tracking. I then make a few adjustments or recommendations of component changes (if needed). There are 3 follow up adjustments (if needed) included!
For this, I utilize a dynamic fit unit, the Purely Custom Size Cycle, which manipulates the rider’s position while he or she is pedaling. This amazing piece of equipment:
- Allows micro-adjustments (by the millimeter) to the rider’s XY position.
- Allows the fitter to optimize the rider’s position in real-time while monitoring power output (watts), heart rate, and cadence.
- Utilizes a quick-change system for handlebar and saddle changes allowing you to explore different ergonomic options.
- The Purely Custom Size Cycle can accommodate riders from 1.4m (4’7″) to 2.1m (6’11”) tall.
- Multiple fits for a single individual can be captured, saved, and revisited at any time. A fitter can then quickly revert to the previous fit positions on the fly so the rider can make comparisons.
- Allows the instructor/fitter to gather more fit data in less time than conventional static fit bikes.
Already have a bike? Jake starts with that measurement, transfers it to the Purely Custom, and starts the process of cycling Nirvana. At no point does Jake ever have to ask the rider to disembark from the unit to change positions of handlebars, pedals, or seat position. Adjustments can be made on the fly. Jake’s knowledge of the mind, body, and modern science has enabled him to refine and improve his methods over the years. Phone or pop by to schedule your custom fit soon!