1. He helped me setup a training schedule that I can follow using weights/bands/core/etc
2. He helped me change my diet, so I now eat healthier (which makes me faster on the bike) and with the appropriate vitamins/protein
3. He got me to setup indoor trainer, with appropriate training routines
4. He re-fitted me on my old bike, along with assisting me in selecting and setup on my new bike
5. He got me to join the local cycling club, where I have worked my way up to the “fast group”
6. As a result, now I can set goals to be in the top 20 for the year on various Strava segments, and sometimes even in the top 20 All-Time on various Strava segments. After all, the reason we are hiring a cycling coach is go-faster!
7. I can document my progress with video, as I run front and rear GoPros on my bike. More cycling videos with data overlay click here.
8. And, I’m doing all this at the age of 61, duking it out with the younger riders on Strava and group rides!
Jake is amazing!! He has managed to help me gain confidence & push myself towards overcoming my fears. He has helped me to realize that I don't need to fear the water and that I have everything I need within myself to conquer whatever is holding me back. I am by no means an easy client, yet Jake is always patient and understanding while pushing me to realize my potential. I am beyond happy to have found not just a swim instructor, but an actual coach. The difference being that coaching involves so much more than simple technique, it is a mind, body, spirit experience!
Jake will guide you through technique, motivation, and healthy living so you can perform well come race day.
I have been training under Jake's guidance for over 6 years now. (the first 2 years when he was in Australia and the last 4 online)
So far I have completed 10 marathons, 10 half marathons, numerous other distances, and 18 competition triathlons.
I could not have done this without Jake on my shoulder all the way, even though I am in Australia.
I started working with Jake in my preparation for BC bike Race 2019.
I Jake and I reviewed my goals, my current fitness, and together formulated a plan for success.
I decided to work with Jake because I was impressed by his knowledge, and his holistic approach to fitness and wellness.
I was important to me to work with somebody local who can spend time with me in person (vs. online).
After a successful BCBR I continued training with Jake. I currently don't have any big races on my plan. I view our collaboration as an investment in myself.
With just one lesson with Jake I feel like I have had major improvement. It is imperative for a new swimmer to get that 1 on 1 coaching if they want to get better. I will continue to use Jake, he is knowledgeable and experienced, he knows what he is talking about.